YAH Purpose

The Young at Heart Ministry is for Senior Adults (those past retirement age) in the Dayton, Ohio area. We provide times of fellowship and entertainment during our monthly Luncheons. We also provide the opportunity to see interesting places and things around the area during our monthly Day Trips. Once a year (sometimes more frequently) we offer a longer trip to see areas far from Dayton. All of our programs are designed to be honoring to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

March 14, 2017 Luncheon - Dave Harney

This is our first Luncheon Program of 2017. A few years ago we decided to discontinue the programs during January and February to avoid issues associated with the winter weather. God had other plans for this year. Our dates for January and February would have been OK but today we are snowy and cold. Fortunately, we didn't have a significant accumulation of snow. So, we still have a decent turnout of around 100 people plus our volunteers.

We started the program with a nice piano duet by Chad Brandt and Fred Scheffler. Fred teaches piano and Chad is one of his students. Nice job, guys. I always enjoy nice prelude music so we can visit with a good musical background.



Following the piano program I opened with our traditional activities then turned the program over to Dave Harney. Dave has been a part of our luncheon programs for longer than I have. He introduced some of his CDs and T-Shirt products.

And Dave is so much better than I am at telling stories and jokes. Maybe he has a better writer!

Of course, our program with Dave wouldn't be complete without some of his good old down home Gospel Music. I have a couple of examples here. "Beulah Land" and a medley with "The Brush" and "Something Beautiful". First, the medley!



I thought some of you would like to read the words of this song:

·    Life started out like a canvas, and God started painting on me,
But I took the
paintbrush from Jesus, and painted what I wished to see;
The colors I painted kept running, and the objects were all out of size.
I had made a mess of my painting, my way now seemed so unwise.
So I brought my painting to Jesus, all the colors, all the pieces, so wrong,
In the markets of earth it was worthless, but His blood made my painting belong.
He worked with no condemnation, never mentioned the mess I had made.
Then He dipped His brush in the rainbow, and He signed it,
"The Price Has Been Paid." 
When I gave the brush back to Jesus, when
I gave the brush back to Him.
He started all over life's canvas to fill,
When I gave to Jesus the brush of my will.





and "Beulah Land"



After the music we went to the gymnasium (our dining room) for a nice Irish Meal and a delicious dessert.

Next month, we'll enjoy more music by a Gospel Quartet from Southern Ohio and Indiana - "Redeemed". Be sure to join us April 11 for another great musical program.

No comments: