YAH Purpose

The Young at Heart Ministry is for Senior Adults (those past retirement age) in the Dayton, Ohio area. We provide times of fellowship and entertainment during our monthly Luncheons. We also provide the opportunity to see interesting places and things around the area during our monthly Day Trips. Once a year (sometimes more frequently) we offer a longer trip to see areas far from Dayton. All of our programs are designed to be honoring to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

October 10, Luncheon Program - John Louis: on the Edge of Illusions

Our prelude music today was from an album by the King’s Brass and Organ. I reminded the group that one of the former King’s Brass Trumpeters was the grandson of our first Young@Heart leader, Pastor Jim Neely, Daniel Lewis. I don’t know if he played on this album.

Today, we used another first for the group. One of our people suggested that we use John Louis (no relation to Daniel Lewis). So, I used this as a commercial for our next leader, Greg Poe. He would like to use a sampling of members to form an Advisory Board to provide advice for programs and trips. If you are interested, let Lisa Poe, Greg Poe or me (Roger Jensen) know. We need to get this started, soon.

John Louis bills himself as John Louis: on the Edge of Illusions. And that is truly what he does. No magic, just slight of hand and illusions.

John did some fun things such as turn colorful bits of cloth into a beautiful Rainbow Umbrella. 
Remember: As always - Just click any Photo for a LARGER VIEW!

Also, the favorite old rope pieces tricks.



He even made a Rabbit appear and brought doves from a fiery pan! I’ve never seen that one before. I assume you would have a Squab Meal, if it didn't work!

He had Carmela Fiorito come up to help with one trick using colorful balls and he made a handful of lively balls appear in her hands. Later, she asked me “How did he do that?” I’m not telling.
Here is a short video of this portion of the program.

Then, "to end it all", but I fooled everyone, I’m still here. He stuck a sword through my throat!!! Ouch. I can still talk about it and my head didn’t fall off. But, I am holding it on.  :-)


If you want to listen to the entire program, click the following link.
http://www.whbc.org/media/audio/20171010_JohnLouis.mp3


 Next month, I will still be your leader, but you will get a closer look at the next Young@Heart Leader, Greg Poe. He will present a Thanksgiving Program. We will also hear from our outstanding Ladies Trio. And Lisa will be cooking a special Thanksgiving meal. Be sure to join us on November 14 for a wonderful Thanksgiving Luncheon!

No comments: